HUMAN HAIR CARE
Courtesy of Jon Renau
- WE RECOMMEND WASHING YOUR ALTERNATIVE HAIR EVERY 6-8 WEARS.
- WE DO NOT RECOMMEND COLORING OR CHEMICALLY ALTERING ALTERNATIVE HAIR.
- WE RECOMMEND PERFORMING A CHECK WASH ON ANY HUMAN HAIR SYSTEM WITHIN 14 DAYS OF RECEIPT.
Before washing your human hair wig or hairpiece, gently remove any tangles using your Paddle Brush. Wet hair completely using cool running water. Comb through hair with your fingers several times.
If no signs of tangling/matting* occur, continue to cleanse and condition while checking for excessive tangling as you go. If you do notice excessive tangling/matting, it may be a sign of inversion; contact us immediately.
*Tangling/matting that occurs after months of wear is due to improper care
CLEANSE & CONDITION
Before washing your human hair wig or hairpiece, gently remove any tangles using your Jon Renau Paddle Brush. Gently lather the hair with a small amount of Argan Smooth Luxury Shampoo, while making sure that the hair is traveling in the same direction. DO NOT rub hair as this may cause tangling.
Rinse thoroughly in cool running water until the water runs clear. Apply Argan Smooth Luxury Conditioner, avoiding the base of the wig or hairpiece (applying conditioner to the base/cap may weaken the knots). Using your fingers, work conditioner through mid-lengths and ends for 3-5 minutes.
Rinse thoroughly in cool running water until the water runs clear.
DRY & STYLE
Wrap wig or hairpiece in a towel and gently pat to remove excess water. Gently remove any tangles using your Paddle Brush.
Allow cap to dry completely before applying to a canvas block head. Dampen hair again and apply a small amount of Blown Away Blow Dry Balm; distribute evenly throughout hair, keeping away from base.
Starting at nape, work in 2" sections using your Jon Renau Round Boar-Bristle brush and blow dry each section completely. Use medium-high heat on full power to blow dry hair. Use the "cool shot" button to lock in style. Human hair must be dried and styled after washing. Air-drying will leave the hair ‘un-polished’ and can trap water in the hair causing frizzing
- Blown Away Blow Dry Balm is designed as a foundation product for all human hair blow outs. All other styling products can be layered over Blown Away.
- Boho Beach Mist can be used on dry hair to add texture and revitalize natural curls.
- Use professional grade heat styling tools with digital temperature settings to control heat. Use no higher than 350° F to help maintain the integrity of the hair.
- Use Versatile 3-Way Hair Spray to hold your finished style. Adjust nozzle to “L” for low, “M” for medium, or “H” for high hold, depending on your needs.